Wednesday, May 28, 2008

email from Garry Grugan

Hi All!

I received an interesting email this week from a distant relative I'm sure we'd all like to meet in August. Garry Grugan has shared with us some fascinating info he has collected about some descendants of Joseph Mason and Margaret Grugan who served our country in the military from the Civil War on. I've asked Jessie to find the best way to share his attachment on our web site so it will be easily available to all. I don't think this blog is the best place. But we'll see what Jessie decides :) Until then, here's the email Garry sent:


Hi Nancy,

My name is Garry Grugan, I am not sure if we have made contact in the past or not but I have been compiling a family history and genealogy encompassing all of the known descendants of Charles Grogan and Agnes (Nancy) Burney. This, of course, includes the Mason-Grugan lines through their daughter Margaret. I descend through the line of their son James. My goal is to have a publication ready for print before the end of this year. I have been working on the project for about ten years now and have made two trips back to Clinton County and the Lock Haven area where the sons settled. We held our first Grugan Family Reunion in Lock Haven last summer and had a great turnout. I live in Illinois making first hand research a little difficult at times but have made a lot of local contacts that have helped out over the years. The history and genealogy numbers nearly 500 pages at this time and includes a large quantity of photographs, personal biog raphies, obituaries, complete genealogies to the present day whenever possible along all male and female lines and a great deal of additional information on families and individuals.

I would love to have input from more members of the Mason-Grugan lines on the finished product. I am always happy to share my research and am always looking for additions and corrections. I have been following the website you created for the reunion and noticed your request for veteran information. I have been working on a section for the family history that tries to identify all of the veterans that descend from Charles Grogan, who we have recently learned was a Revolutionary War veteran himself. Anyway, I have attached this portion of our family history in as an Adobe Reader Document (I can also send it as a Microsoft Word Document if you prefer) that you may use on the website if you wish. This includes all descendants of Charles and Nancy so there will be many others mixed in with the Mason lines. I hope this helps and there is a possibility that I will be in Pennsylvania during the time of the reunion. My parents still l ive in southeast PA in West Grove near the Delaware-Maryland border. Hope to hear from you soon and enjoy the family information.

Sincerely,

Garry Grugan
105 Fawn Court
Washington, IL 61571
gagrugan@comcast.net

No comments: